Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spicey Taco salad

This reciepy was a combination of a couple because I didn't have what I needed on hand for two different things. It was so good I just kept doing it that way.

Olive oil
1 med onion diced
4-6 garlic cloves depending on how much you like
hot sauce (I used Sriracha sauce)
1 pound of ground chicken/or turkey
1 taco seasoning packet (and the amount of water it tells you to add)
2 cans of low salt pinto beans (Drain and rinsed)
1 can of low salt black beans (Drain and rinsed)
Salsa
Letuce
Cheese (I use mexican cheese blend from costco)

In a frying pan heat up olive oil (I just make sure it covers the whole bottom) and cook the onion and garlic until tender and just before they are soft squirt in some hot sauce. (I started out a wimp and now put in WAY more and it is so good)
once cooked take off heat and set a side.

White the onions are cooking start cooking the meat in a larger frying pan. Drain off any fat. Add the taco seasoning and water that is called for, add the onions, and all the beans. Cook until the beans are tottaly cooked and everything is blended together.

I think chop up lettuce (I like iceburg best with this salad) then put bean/meat mixture on top. Then salsa of your choice (if on SBD make sure it is less than grams of sugar per serving) and top with cheese. Enjoy.

No comments: